Character post time. Katy's back!
Now I had trouble thinking about what to do. I considered posting about my fictional countries, another chapter of Cerandith Asaile, or maybe even something I had for lunch today. But no. I settled on a character post.
Part of me wanted to do a protagonist from my book. The other part wanted an antagonist turn protagonist who happens to be my favourite character... The reasonable part of me said Anath, so here I am.
Anath Terinmër
(Elf ~ Mage ~ Princess )
An elvish girl with wavy red hair and grey eyes stood there
with a large stick in her hand, looking rather embarrassed. "Sorry, that usually works."
I don't quite remember where I got her name. I think a friend suggested it and a few others as names I can use for my story, but very recently I was reading through Chronicles and found it in there. So good news, Anath is a biblical name! Bad news, it was originally a male's name. Oh well.
Now as of her last name, that's the custom of the Bjarkens, where they use their father's name and Mën(May-en) for males and Mër (May-er) for females. Terin is Anath's father, so her last name is Terinmër.
Anath may be the daughter of a king, but like father like daughter, and neither of them act like royalty. Anath has been called by the captain-of-the-guard in Carsia a Warrior Princess, and that title has rather stuck. Just as well, the captain-of-the-guard was her friend. Anath is skilled with a sword or a bow, but not incredibly. Her preference is her magic.Magic can be in all ranges and elements, and Anath discovered some deadly magic early on in her life (She is 103). She can cover her hands in sunlight. And not like "Ooh, my hands are shiny!" Or "Cool, automatic flashlight created a few hundred centuries earlier!" It, in fact, gives very little light. It's sort of like when a glow-in-the-dark item is super bright and you can see it really well in the dark but it doesn't give off a light, if that makes sense.
It's sunlight as in her hands become as hot as the sun. (Not really as hot as the sun, but that's what they think because they don't know how hot the sun really is.) Just imagine your hands turning into golden lightsabers.
Anath is skilled in hand to hand combat and can apply her magic to that.
It can be a rather convenient method for torturing prisoners too! One could chop someone's arm off and the wound would be instantly cauterized, so you didn't have to worry about loss of blood.
..... wow.... that was incredibly morbid....
.... I don't torture people, by the way...
Moving on!Anath has wavy red/orange hair that goes down to about her mid-back. Her eyes are blue-grey and she has a scar that follows two and a half inches down her right cheek bone. That was a fun story... also very morbid. Lots of death, and a big battle. But all Anath got out of it was a scar. Yeah, it's only fun if you get a scar out of it. Pain. Love it. Maybe I'll tell you another time once you get used to my morbidness.
Anath's personality is like a flash flood, or sunshine during rain. She's really very nice, cautious, but nice. But if you aren't such a great person, you may end up with no arms. She smiles a lot and has a strong sense of loyalty to her father and to Avazor(Mr. Captain-of-the-guard). Anath is actually very clever.
Her duties as Terin's daughter usually include going on diplomatic missions, battle planning, trailing around behind Terin, making him look nobler, and wiping out the rogue elven camps that make constant assassination attempts. Her schedule is usually fairly full, you see.
She has a few hobbies like a normal person might, for example, she enjoys fishing and reading. She actually didn't learn how to read until she was maybe 60, but she still likes it.
I hope you enjoyed this post, and please comment if you think I left any information out about her. Any other comments are appreciated too!
"Let my words be life! Let my words be truth! I don't wanna say a word unless it points the world back to you! Let the words I say be the sound of your grace! I don't wanna say a word unless it points the world back to you!" - Words By Hawk Nelson
Praise be to God! - Katy

No comments:
Post a Comment
We love comments! but keep in mind we can delete comments faster then a dragon attacking an evil mastermind that's trying to enslave dragon-kind.