Pages

Saturday, July 8, 2017

Oh, a camping we will go!

Hola! Bonjour! Greetings! Dia duit! Here there be Katy.
  NaNoWriMo plagues my writing life! And I'm not just talking about the constant email updates I get every other day.
  Did you know that NaNo is not just for November? There is something called Camp NaNoWriMo that is in April and July. It's a lot less stressful than November NaNo since you don't have to worry about Thanksgiving and such.
  Plus, you get to set your own goals. Be it 200,000 words, or 400. Not to mention that you don't even have to do words. You can do hours, pages, minutes, lines or words.
 
  Now, you may ask: Why is it called a camp?
  Well, I don't know. I suppose they just liked being able to make so many camping/writing puns. *shrugs*

 Although they do have these nifty little things called cabins. These are little get-together places for the "campers". You can join a cabin, and see your cabin members' progress. It also has a little chat room where you can encourage each other, make jokes, talk about how to murder someone, discuss the organic mechanism behind a dragon's fire, I dunno.

  Anyhoo, I completely missed April camp this year, so I thought I'd try my luck in July. I decided I wanted to go a little slower pace than 50,000 words, so I'm doing 45,000.

  As of late, I'm doing fantastic! I have a habit that I get lazy after a while



Top to bottom: Camp NaNo graph, NaNo graph


I'm almost at that point when I last bailed out. And honestly, while I'm writing here, I could be writing on my story of which I only have 12,303 words out of 45,000.
  So I better get going. If I happen to post in July again, I'll make sure to update y'all. Or you know, after July if/when I win.
  Wish me luck!
  Katy out!



~Then Jesus told his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.~ Matthew 16: 24

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! but keep in mind we can delete comments faster then a dragon attacking an evil mastermind that's trying to enslave dragon-kind.