Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Katy's Story Snippets ~An Irish Tale~



This is a snippet of a story that Darby and I are writing, it's called An Irish Tale (An unofficial title).
Please tell me what you think.



I slowly opened my eyes, gradually awakening from an ignorantly blissful unconsciousness. The first thing I saw, was the bright light of an almost-circular moon up above, and millions of stars winking at me from their place in the dark heavens. I tried remembering all that had happened as of recent, which brought me alive faster than a bucket of ice water dumped on my head. The shipwreck, Kiaran... and the unimaginable pain on my leg. My body was sore in all the places I could think of, I had bruises and cuts everywhere, and as I sat up painfully -but quickly- I noticed that my leg was twisted almost completely backwards. 
I gasped and clamped a hand on my mouth. I reached out and gingerly touched my knee, then jerked my hand back, wincing and making little whimpering noises at the pain. 
"Kiaran..." I barely managed, looking around from my spot on the pebbles and sand of the beach for my friend. Then I could easily spot him through the wreckage by his red-orange hair. I could only see his face, and from far away. But it was very clear that he had a gash across his temple that was bleeding profusely. 
No. Wait, Kiaran didn't have red hair. And his hair was short and spiky and black. But then who was...? 
"Fiona!" 
That was Kiaran who had shouted. He tossed a wood board to the side and pulled my sister out and lifted into his arm. 
"Kiaran, over here!" I called feebly. I thanked my GOD in heaven that he heard me. But then, he turned away. He had to take care of Fiona, I knew. 
No! I thought angrily. I'm more important right now! Then I immediately scolded myself profusely for thinking such a thing. I had to take care of myself, no matter what the pain. 
One thing I knew was the direction my leg was supposed to be facing. 
I grabbed a sizable sandy pebble and stuck it in between my teeth. Then I grasped my lower legs, closing my eyes. And- In that moment, I felt sure I would die. But then the agony subsided not completely, of course. But it was better than before. I spit the stone out of my mouth, then spit a couple more times to get the sand off my tongue. I found a long stick that was in arms reach, but it was by no means straight. It would hold my weight at least and would serve well enough for a walking stick. I grasped it with both hands and pulled myself up, then sort of hopped forward on my good leg, then using the stick to keep my balance. Approximately two meters away was a tree line that led into the woods, but I was headed after Kiaran. I half-hopped again, and again. Then, getting the hang of it, and having already managed to keep my bad leg from touching the ground, I kept on after my friend. 



Comments are always appreciated!

~Then Jesus told his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. ~

Matthew 16: 24

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! but keep in mind we can delete comments faster then a dragon attacking an evil mastermind that's trying to enslave dragon-kind.